Tips on Buying a Lawn Mower Battery
- By josivaldomendes
- On 26/06/2014
- Comments (0)
Not everyone has the resources to hire a lawn mower service to cut their grass. It is an expensive business and can cause a real drain on the pocket. Those who are interested in gardening and have an urge to have a green lawn with proper maintenance investing in a good quality lawn mower is a wise option. It can save them a lot of money by not paying for lawn mower service on regular basis. The first investment on buying the lawn mower could be intimidating for some but the subsequent benefits are many and save you a lot of money. It is important to know that the cost of maintaining and repairing the lawn mower are far less than these savings.
There is a large variety of lawn mowers available the market. These may include corded ones, those that are powered by petrol or diesel, the battery operated models and the ride on mowing buggies. The type of mower that you prefer to buy depends on your own requirements and needs.
Battery powered lawn mowers are one of the most popular types. These require regular charging of the batteries which may need replacement after some time. So it is ideal replace them with the best quality batteries for a long functional life cycle.
The batteries can be found on various auto part stores, super stores and shopping marts. Some tips to keep in mind while buying batteries for lawn mower include the following:
- Go for a reliable company that has a good repute in the market
- Compare prices of various brands and find out their features. Because various retailers offer different prices look around and analyze their price and value tradeoff for a best buy.
- Buy a battery that will not hold charge on a premature basis.
- Always confirm the voltage of the new battery and make sure it is same as the older original battery of the lawn mower. This can be found listed in the user’s manual and check for other battery details to select the right battery for your lawn mower.
- Ensure that the dimensions of both the batteries are the same. First measure and write down the dimensions of the existing battery and then buy a battery that has same dimensions. This will help in fitting the battery in the same location and hold the same weight.