Rainwater Tanks - The Best Equipment for Water Conservation
- By josivaldomendes
- On 04/08/2014
- Comments (0)
The equipment for the collection and storage of rainwater is called a rain water tank. The collected water from the rainfall can be utilized for various purposes like cleaning, washing, gardening and many other water related tasks. The collection of water is carried out through small pipes and gutters. In the country side areas of Australia many other parts of the world, rain water tanks are common equipment placed in almost all houses and buildings. The rain falls on the roof from where the water is collected and stored in the tank. The pipes and gutters are placed on the roofs and connected with the walls and carry the collected water directly into the tank.
Benefits of a Rainwater Tank:
- The collection and storage of water provides for flushing of toilets and sanitation products.
- The tanks are available in various sizes, shapes and designs. Accordingly they can be installed in any building residential or commercial depending on their requirements.
- They are very sources of water saving and conservation. Because many chores are completed with this rain water, the underground water level is maintained.
- If there are animals like cow, buffaloes, goats and hens in the building, their water needs can also be fulfilled with this water reservoir.
- It is a very good source of water for gardening and irrigation of plants and trees.
- Although unfit for drinking purposes, this water can be used for a variety of different chores that involve water usage.
- It is can be efficiently and effectively used for washing clothes and cars e.t.c.
The installation of rainwater tank can be done very conveniently but is always advisable to hire the services of a professional plumber. Having a licensed plumber will ensure proper working and installation of the pipes and related equipment. Discuss all the details and requirements with him and take his recommendations and quotes before starting the work. Once the installation is done, he will be responsible for informing the local water body about this rainwater tank.
Rain water tanks are available in various materials and designs. According to your budget and water storage needs, you can select the one that is most appropriate. It is a very good source of saving water and utilizing the water collected from the rain. As it is a natural phenomenon the cost of this water is nil. Hence it not only conserves water but also provides its users a financial benefit.