- Best Open Source CMS for Web Development
- Bed and Mattress Guide - Money Saving Tips
- Far Infrared Saunas - Their Health Benefits Keep on Growing
- Finding the Market for Screen Printing Caps
- Office Fit-Out - Ultimate Way to Utilize Unused Space
- Contemporary Roof Windows: An Informative Glance
- Modern Minimalist Interior Design for a Cafe
- How to Train To Be A Professional Plumber
The Truth behind Infrared Sauna
- By josivaldomendes
- On 10/07/2014
Infrared Saunas are very popular among health conscious folks as well as weight watchers. Along with an effective loss of weight, there are numerous other health benefits which can be enjoyed through an infrared sauna. Like a steam bath, heat is generated through infrared radiations. Skin problems, muscle cramps, arthritis and blood pressure issues can be alleviated through this heat treatment. However, most people are only aware about the benefits of infrared saunas. The truth is that there are certain risks as well which are quite serious. The following discussion reveals these negative aspects of an infrared sauna.
- Overheating is a common problem associated with infrared saunas. The heat generated through infrared radiations can go as high as 130 degrees Fahrenheit. When exposed to this heat for a long period, it becomes more than what our body can tolerate. As a result, heat stroke may occur. The exhaustion caused by heat to the body can lead to weakness, dizziness and nausea. In extreme cases, vomiting and loss of conscious can also occur.
- Spending too much time in an infrared sauna can cause excessive sweat to be produced. Sweating, when occurs to a certain extent, is beneficial as it helps in the release of toxins and improves the body’s metabolism. However, excessive sweat can lead to dehydration. You body also loses important minerals.
- The high heat generated in an infrared sauna is also risky for pregnant women. It increases the chances of birth defects. Infrared sauna sessions are particularly risky during the early months of pregnancy when the fetus is going through its crucial stages of development. Therefore, pregnant women must avoid infrared saunas or should consult their doctors about it.
- Infrared saunas have been known to regulate blood pressure. However, frequent and long sessions can be dangerous for the health of your heart. Heat causes your blood vessels to dilate, reducing the pressure of blood passing through them. In extreme cases, this can cause low blood pressure – a condition known as hypotension. The symptoms of this condition include a feeling of dizziness, weakness and even loss of consciousness. Infrared saunas cause a sudden drop in the blood pressure which can be very dangerous for folks who already have a history of heart problems.
Despite all the benefits of an infrared sauna, it is risky if used excessively. You must be aware about the risks so that you can take precautions before using it.